Child Custody and Child Support

Child custody and support can be among the most contentious aspects of a divorce. But the expert child custody lawyers at KSR will work hard to deliver an outcome that is right for your child — and you.

Deciding where a child might live after a divorce, or any child custody issues for that matter, are among the most difficult decisions for a court to make if the parents cannot agree. That is why it helps to have experienced child custody lawyers on your side.

In Ohio, the courts have two options regarding allocating parental rights: to designate one parent as the residential parent and legal custodian, or to designate both parents as residential parents and legal custodians under a shared parenting plan.

The court will ultimately decide based on what is in the best interest of the child. To achieve that goal, the court will address an appropriate parenting schedule for the child, award child support to one parent if necessary, issue orders for health insurance and medical expenses and allocate the income tax dependency exemption. The allocation of parental rights and responsibilities remains modifiable by the court upon motion of either party until the child is an emancipated adult.

If you are currently going through a painful, difficult child custody dispute and are seeking expert legal advice, please contact Julia L. Leveridge.

Lawyers Specializing in this Service

Related Services

Family Law


A divorce can be an overwhelming time filled with emotion, anxiety, and uncertainty. A KSR divorce attorney can bring the objectivity you need when undertaking this life-changing event.

View Page


For some couples seeking to end their marriage, a dissolution offers a more amicable alternative to divorce.

View Page

Prenuptial Agreements

A well-crafted prenuptial agreement offers you a simple way to determine the allocation of your premarital assets in the event of a divorce.

View Page

Legal Separation

When special circumstances prevent couples from seeking a divorce or dissolution, a legal separation could be the answer to their marital problems.

View Page

Step Parent Adoption

If you remarry and want your new spouse to adopt a child or children from your previous marriage, start by connecting with the adoption lawyers at Kemp, Schaeffer & Rowe.

View Page