“I believe that court cases involving family and children are important turning points in my client’s lives. I work hard to help my clients navigate our court systems and advocate for a better future for themselves and their children.”
Matt practices exclusively domestic relations and family law. He is a skilled litigator with extensive courtroom experience. Matt helps clients from every background navigate complex divorce, dissolution, post-decree, child custody, grandparent custody, stepparent adoption, domestic violence and abuse, and civil protection order cases.
Matt is a graduate of Denison University, Miami University of Ohio, and The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law. He served as a Public Defender for nearly four years before transitioning to domestic relations and family law. Matt uses his significant trial experience to assist his clients in obtaining the best possible outcomes in difficult cases that invoke many types of law.
Matt is active in the legal community and is a member of the Columbus Bar Association, the Ohio State Bar Association, and the American Bar Association. When not engaged in the practice of law, he enjoys camping with his family and traditional woodworking.
Admitted to practice:
- Ohio, 2015
- Kemp, Schaeffer & Rowe Co., L.P.A., 2021 — Present
- The Law Offices of Anthony W. Greco, L.P.A. — 2020
- The Law Office of Matthew H. Coon — 2020
- Franklin County Public Defender’s Office — 2016-2019
- City of Columbus Prosecutor’s Office — 2013-2016
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D. with Honors for Trial Performance, 2015
- Miami University of Ohio, M.A., Theatre, 2011
- Denison University, B.A., Theatre, 2008